Conversion to Judaism
Conversion to Judaism is not necessary as a Gentile that observes the Seven Noachide Commandments because they were commanded by G-d, automatically receives a place in ‘Heaven’ (the World to Come), according to the Talmud and Maimonides code of law ‘Mishneh Torah’.
Those wishing to convert should first read the following recommended books:
- Becoming a Jew, by Rabbi Maurice Lamm. Jonathan David Publishers, Inc.
- To be a Jew, by Rabbi Hayim Halevy Donin. Basic Books.
- The Gerus Guide, The step by step guide to conversion to orthodox Judaism, by Rabbi Aryeh Moshen. GerusGuide.com
- Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha; Gerim in Chassidic Thought, by Dov Ben Avraham
- Choosing to be Jewish, The Orthodox Road to Conversion, by Rabbi Marc Angel. Ktav Publishing House.
- Jewish Conversion, Its meaning and laws, by Rabbi Yoel Schwartz. Jewish Heritage & Roots Library.
- Converts and Conversions to Judaism, by Rabbi Yosef Lifland. Gefen Publishing House.
- The Stranger Within Your Gates: Converts and Conversion in Rabbinic Literature, by Professor Gary Porton. The University of Chicago Press.
- A Concise Code of Jewish Law for Converts, by Rabbi Michael J. Broyde. Urim Publications.
- Migrant Soul, The Story of an American Convert, by Rabbi Avi Shafran. Hashgacha Press.
- Journey to the Land of My Soul, by Ahuvah Gray
On Basic Judaism:
- Tanach [The Jewish Bible], The Stone Edition, Artscroll Mesorah Publications.
- The Essential Talmud, Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz. Basic Books.
- Handbook of Jewish Thought (volumes 1 & 2), by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. Moznaim Publishing Corporation.
- Maimonides’ Principles; The Fundamentals of Jewish Faith, by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. Artscroll Mesorah Publications.
- The Book of Our Heritage; The Jewish Year and its Days of Significance, By Rabbi Eliyahu Kitov. Feldheim Publishers.
- The Way of God, by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto, translated by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. -or this other translation- The Elucidated Derech HaShem; A Systematic Approach to the Basic Principals of Jewish Belief, by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto, translation by Rabbi Abba Zvi Naimam. Both by Feldheim Publishers.
- Key Jewish Facts, by Rabbi Nissan Dovid Dubov.
- Key Jewish F.A.Q.'s, by Rabbi Nissan Dovid Dubov.
On Jewish Law:
On Kosher Cooking:
On Family Purity:
On Jewish Prayer:
On Jewish History:
- Miraculous Journey; A complete history of the Jewish people from Creation to the present, by Rabbi Yosef Eisen. Targum/Feldheim
- 2000 years of Jewish History; From the Destruction of the Second Bais HaMikdash until the Twentieth Century, by Rabbi Chaim Schloss. Feldheim Publishers.
- Crash Course in Jewish History: From Abraham to Modern Israel, by Rabbi Ken Spiro. Targum Press.
On the Jewish Messiah:
- Mashiach; The Principle of Mashiach and the Messianic Era in Jewish Law and Tradition, by Rabbi Jacob Immanuel Schochet. Sichos In English.
- The Real Messiah? A Jewish Response to Missionaries, by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. Artscroll Mesorah Publications.
Conversion to Judaism in the UK
Conversions to Judaism in the UK are performed under the supervision of the London Beth Din.
The London Beth Din’s website is: www.theus.org.uk/article/conversion-2
Conversion to Judaism in the USA
JudaismConversion.org - Converting in the USA
Questions about Judaism?
Chabad.org - Should I Convert to Judaism?
Chabad.org - Jewish Soul in a Non-Jewish Body?
Chabad.org - Why Is Conversion to Judaism So Hard?
Chabad.org - Why Not Make it Easier to Convert?
Chabad.org - Why Do Rabbis Discourage Conversions?
Chabad.org - What to Expect at a Conversion.
Chabad.org - The Ger Tzedek of Wilno
Chabad.org - Must a Convert Honor His Biological Parents?
Chabad.org - Soul of the Convert (Zohar)
Chabad.org - The Soul of a Convert (Shaar HaGilgulim)
Chabad.org - FAQ: Converts & Conversion
© The Noachide Association of Great Britain. 2003-2018 All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: This website is dedicated to providing information as a service. We are not connected to any of the organizations linked to on this website and might not necessarily represent their views and they might not necessarily represent ours. The information contained on this website is, to the best of our knowledge true and accurate at the time of publication, and is solely for information purposes and is subject to change without notice. The Webmaster accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of use or reliance on this information or for anything else.